Online Learning + (cyber) Sex Ed!
Positive, inclusive, and pleasure-forward consent & sex education coming to a screen near you!
Sexual health is an important factor to consider as we all focus even more on staying healthy and connected in our communities. With many of us practicing social distance, it’s not possible for Speak About It to deliver our brand of positive, pleasure-forward consent and sex education in person...but that doesn’t mean we can’t get creative and speak about it in another way!
You probably have a lot of questions right now. (And always...)
~Can I still go on that date?
~Am I a weirdo for wanting to masturbate, like...all the time right now?
~What do I do if my friend is isolated with someone they don't trust?
~Sexting is still a thing, right?
~If we’re all home for hours a day, is this the time to bring up the sex talk with my kids?
No matter how old you are, it’s normal to have questions about sex and relationships. Speak About It has come up with three different ways to help you (and your students, team, or self-isolation buddies) deep dive into these questions through e-learning and social media. So let’s keep speaking about it! Join us for any of the following:
(cyber) Sex Ed: An Affirmative Consent & Sex Ed Learning Lab
Available for all by suggested donation.
Come hang out with us on Google Hangouts for fun, informative, and interactive seminar on various healthy relationship topics including:
- ~Flirting: It’s not dead! - First broadcast, April 1, 2020. Time: 12-1pm.
- ~All the Sex Ed Your Didn't Get in High School: How inclusive, pleasure-forward, queer-friendly, comprehensive, accurate sex ed is key to violence prevention.
Sign up details coming soon!
#hotgoss: A Live video series about all the stuff they say you shouldn’t talk about but you totally should.
Available for FREE to all on Facebook and Instagram Live. Check out past episodes here.
We’ll be producing our popular Facebook/Instagram Live series ~weekly for the next month or so. Join SAI staff (and some very special guests!) and download all the goss about juicy topics from masturbating, to porn, to the most recent episodes of Love is Blind. Tune in at @wespeakaboutit.
- Our first new episode, “Love in the time of Corona" Watch here!
- Join us for "All by Myself: Self Love in the time of Corona" Friday, March 26 at 2pm!
E-learning Workshops for Institutions & Communities
Available to high schools, colleges, and other institutions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about sliding scale pricing/fees.
Relationships, community building, and learning still happen even when we’re social distancing. Now is a great time to gather your team, students, or group together for a training about consent culture and community change. We are currently developing three of our most popular trainings to be made available remotely for schools and communities. All programs are customized for your audience. We’re also happy to work with you to develop a training to address the learning needs of your campus. See program descriptions below and contact us to set up a program for your campus or community today!
- ~Healthy Relationships 101: By the end of high school, students frequently have a number of ideas and misconceptions about sex and intimacy informed by media, peers, and frantic guesses meant to fill in the gaps. This workshop aims to get students speaking openly about relationships and understand affirmative consent as the foundation for healthy intimacy, sex, and relationships. Students will learn what consent is and is not and how to advocate for their needs and desires while respecting those of potential partners. This workshop may also be helpful for teachers or mentors looking to develop skills for having their own conversations with teens.
- ~More Than Just 'The Talk' - How to Support Your Kids' Healthy Relationships: This interactive, research-based workshop is designed to bring parents and caretakers up to speed on information about teen relationships, dating violence, sexual assault, consent, and healthy sexuality. Expert facilitators will empower parents with the knowledge and skills to confidently initiate conversation about these topics with their teens in a way that aligns with personal and family values and equips kids for high school and the years to come.
- Be an Askable Resource: Building Consent Culture in Your Community: In this interactive, skills-based workshop our expert staff will provide faculty and school administrators with new tools to facilitate conversations in safer spaces, whether that be an athletic field, an academic office, a classroom, or otherwise. This session offers concrete and specific strategies for faculty and staff stakeholders to engage students in topics of health and sexuality, while also setting boundaries and reinforcing Mandated Reporter policies and language.
Speak About It is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that partners with high schools and colleges to educate, entertain, and empower students to create positive change within their communities, advocate for and practice healthy relationship habits, and prevent sexual violence.
Copyright 2016 Speak About It, Inc. Website by Alexandra Valleau