January has come to an end. This first month of 2017 produced significant discussions, varying developments, and thoughtful criticisms written and published about issues of consent and sexual assault prevention. Here is a list of some powerful articles we like from January 2017.
– An Amaze.org video for parents about starting conversations about consent with your kids. Link here.
– A discussion of active consent practices and the complexities of sexual coercion. Link here.
– An exploration of establishing sexual boundaries in a relationship. Link here.
– Some sexual assault survivors find tattoos to be a powerful method of reclaiming their bodies. Link here.
– Cosmetologists in the Chicago area required by law to receive education on identifying potential sexual assault victims. Link here.
– Activist self-care information. Help yourself to more effectively help others. Link here.
– Toronto sets strong example of how to respond to sexual assault at bars with ‘angel shots’ and concise coasters. Link here.
– Doctors discuss adverse affects of stress on sexual health. Link here.
You can find more articles, graphics, and information on our Facebook page or on our Instagram/Twitter profiles (@wespeakaboutit).